Apr 15, 2019
What does it say about someone who, in the middle of the recession, decides that they will go into business for themselves?
It’s one thing to do that with a client base that you’ve been steadily building elsewhere, but Andy Philips decided to do something a little different with AP Insurance. He set it up on his own in 2011 - with zero clients.
Thankfully, it was a risk that definitely paid off. They’ve now got 400 clients - and growing.
Andy’s story is an interesting one - and refreshingly honest.
He’s blunt about the fact that the first two years wasn’t easy - and that where they are now is not what the original plan was!
In this fascinating episode, Kevin Brent from BizSmart talks to Andy about his business, covering:
- Why you don’t have to be a slave to your original business plan
- How you CAN work with many different types and size of businesses
- Why insurance isn’t the sexiest of sectors, but is essential.
- The benefit of keeping in touch with clients, even if you’re the boss.
- What his likes (and dislikes) are about the insurance industry
- How to grow your business, whilst also looking at ways to add value to your clients
You can find Andy at www.apinsurance.co.uk or call 01527 306300 in the UK
In each episode, Kevin Brent from BizSmart will speak to people about their business journey; how they learned to take their company to the next level - and the advice that can be passed on to other business owners and startups everywhere.
Scaling up your business isn't easy, and can be a little daunting. Let ScaleUp Radio make it a little easier for you. With guests who have been where you are now, and can offer their thoughts and advice on several aspects of business. ScaleUp Radio is the business podcast you've been waiting for.