Feb 24, 2020
If you’ve listened to any of the previous episodes of ScaleUp Radio, then you’ll now have a fair idea of just some of the things that you need to think about when scaling up your business.
In this episode, though, we’re going to talk about the lifeblood of all businesses - cash.
Kevin Brent talks with two business owners who bring their own unique take, along with their experiences and lessons learned, about cash and it’s relationships with their business.
We hear from:
Helen Bower from Adder Bookkeeping
Matthew Jackson from Jackson Family Funeral Directors
We cover a wide range of topics around increasing profitability and cash in the business including:
- Why it’s important to look at the cash flow in your company and forecast future cash flows
- What is more important to the future of your business, cash or profitability?
- What is a cash conversion cycle - and how often should we look at it?
- Should we have a cash reserve and, if so, how much should it be?
- What are the numbers we should be looking at when it comes to our cashflow.
We cover many more things along the way, with plenty for you to take away no matter what business you’re in - or where you are on your own scale up journey.
Helen can be found here:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/AdderBK
Matthew can be found here:
Editor & Producer - Pete Morgan from www.monkeypantsproductions.co.uk
Executive Producer - Kevin Brent