May 3, 2021
This week’s episode of ScaleUp Radio is looking at the vital piece of running your business - planning.
I realise that it’s been difficult to do any kind of planning over the past 12 months or so - but as everyone starts to emerge out of the pandemic, and businesses are starting up again, this is a great time to start planning.
Specifically, we’ll talk about working on your 3-Year Plan
This episode is a replay episode, but the advice in it is just as relevant as when we first published it; in some ways, even more so.
In the episode, you’ll hear from:
- Peter Roper from Family Business Practice
- Giovanni Finocchio from Midven
- Kul Sanghera from Worcestershire Business Central
And we cover some of the big questions around a 3-Year Plan, including:
- Why bother with a 3-year plan for your business?
- It might sound obvious, but how often should you do one? Also, with that in mind, should we also be thinking longer than 3 years ahead?
- What should you be thinking about when you’re putting your 3-Year Plan together - how do you start?
- Who should be involved in forming the plan? And making sure that it’s executed?
- How do you decide when to keep to the plan and, when circumstances change, when to move away from it?
You’ll also hear a few mentions of a poster that was shown at a meeting that was held just before the recording. Something we call the SmartWeb® If you’d like a pdf of copy of it then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s a great conversation, covering businesses across the spectrum including family businesses and those seeking venture capital investment - nicely covering most aspects of this important topic in anyone’s scale up journey.
Peter Roper can be found here:
Giovani Finocchio can be found here:
Kul Sanghera can be found here:
Scaling up your business isn't easy, and can be a little daunting. Let ScaleUp Radio make it a little easier for you. With guests who have been where you are now, and can offer their thoughts and advice on several aspects of business. ScaleUp Radio is the business podcast you've been waiting for.
You can get in touch with Kevin here: