Oct 14, 2019
You don’t automatically think of all architects as being creative. They are, of course, but it’s not the first word that comes to mind when you employ an architect to expand your business premises - or to work on the kitchen extension at home.
But it was that creativity that led Vanessa Anderson and Anita Marles to seek each other out, and form their own architectural firm.
In this episode of ScaleUp Radio, we have another first - the first time we’ve had two guests talking about one business. Kevin Brent speaks to Herlig Marles, a Worcester-based firm that has Anita and Vanessa as equal partners - and they both wanted to come on to talk about their scale up journey so far.
Vanessa and Anita are a good fit for one another - they are both easy going, they are both passionate about what they do, and that comes across in the interview.
We cover plenty of ground in this conversation, including:
- Knowing what separates you from your competitors,
- How to work out the value of your work in a fair way, for both you and your customers
- The way in which each business partner can bring their own strengths to the company, without overlapping too much with the skills of the other partner
- How Virtual Reality is helping them to bring their vision to customers
- Why developing a close relationship with your client, especially in the earlier days of your relationship, can reap huge dividends.
Vanessa and Anita are a fascinating pair who have created a business that is successful and has much scope for scaling up in the future.
You can find Anita and Vanessa at www.herligmarles.com
Scaling up your business isn't easy, and can be a little daunting. Let ScaleUp Radio make it a little easier for you. With guests who have been where you are now, and can offer their thoughts and advice on several aspects of business. ScaleUp Radio is the business podcast you've been waiting for.