Jun 14, 2021
On this episode of ScaleUp Radio, we hear from Daniel Walton, the founder and MD of OLPRO.
OLPRO design and make camping equipment, so it’s likely that you’ve used one of their products before.
They are a relatively young company - they formed in 2011 - but they have grown an awful lot in that time and, as you’ll hear’ they experienced one of their biggest periods of growth during the pandemic.
Daniel will also talk about how Brexit has affected the company, and the way they do business, but we also cover plenty of other subjects, including:
- The process of dealing with the fact that when the business grows, you’re not going to know every single member of staff as well as you knew that initial core team.
- The value of good marketing within your business, especially during something unpredictable like the pandemic
- The process of building a business model that takes sustainability and recycling into account.
- Don’t underrate the role that luck will play in the success of your business
- Share as much as possible with your staff, so that they know where the business is heading
This was a great conversation and, as always, I know that there will be something in it for you, no matter where you are on your scale up journey.
Daniel can be found here:
Malcolm Gladwell - Tipping Point - https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-tipping-point/malcolm-gladwell/9780349113463
Alain de Botton - The School of Life - https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-school-of-life/alain-de-botton/the-school-of-life-puk-rights/9780241985830
One Note from Microsoft - https://www.onenote.com/
ScaleUp Radio cannot be held responsible for the content of third party websites
Scaling up your business isn't easy, and can be a little daunting. Let ScaleUp Radio make it a little easier for you. With guests who have been where you are now, and can offer their thoughts and advice on several aspects of business. ScaleUp Radio is the business podcast you've been waiting for.
You can get in touch with Kevin here: