Jul 6, 2020
On this episode of ScaleUp Radio we’ll be speaking to Amy Marshall, who is the owner of ALM Fitness a company that she set up in 2010 to provide lifestyle changes for clients, with advice on healthy habits and healthy eating.
Unlike a lot of the businesses, and business owners that we hear about and speak to here on ScaleUp Radio, Amy and ALM Fitness is, as the name would suggest, in the health and leisure industry.
However, that doesn’t mean that the challenges that they have faced and the lessons learned, don’t transfer to other industries and business models.
A really wide-ranging conversation, where we covered plenty of subject, like:
- The one key change that Amy made in the business after around 4 years that meant she has been able to survive and even thrive in the current pandemic when so many of her competitors haven’t
- How to get unstuck when you’re too comfortable in your business
- The process to find the right people for your business (Of course we talked more about that in our Hiring Panel episode which you can go back and listen to)
- Why it’s not enough to have weekly meetings with your team, and the benefit of monthly, quarterly meetings too
- What to say to clients who are unsure about your business moving online, specifically during the lockdown
I had a very enjoyable time speaking with Amy and hearing about the evolutions of ALM Fitness, especially during the lockdown when so many similar businesses have had to just shut up shop.
Amy can be found here:
The Fear Bubble by Ant Middleton - https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-fear-bubble/ant-middleton/9780008194680
The Four Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss - https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-4-hour-work-week/timothy-ferriss/9780091929114
Scaling up your business isn't easy, and can be a little daunting. Let ScaleUp Radio make it a little easier for you. With guests who have been where you are now, and can offer their thoughts and advice on several aspects of business. ScaleUp Radio is the business podcast you've been waiting for.
You can get in touch with Kevin here: