Nov 18, 2019
For the past 20 years, our guest has lived by one word - safety.
Back in 2000, Himmat Rai started Sentinel Safety Solutions from a home office, but has seen it grow to a company with its own premises, its own accredited training centre - even it’s own software - and a client list that would be the envy of many of us.
All in the name of safety and risk management.
On this week’s episode of Scale Up Radio, Kevin Brent speaks to Himmat Rai about his company, which he describes as dealing with primarily risk management in its many forms, with some of his experiences and lessons he’s learned along the way.
As always, it’s a far-reaching conversation, but we cover:
- How to differentiate yourself from your competitors
- If the product doesn’t exist to do the job you want for your clients - design it yourself!
- Whether or not you really need a masterplan in place when you first start out
- The importance of building for the long term - Ensuring that you create a value system for your business, and make sure you stick to it, rather than diverting away from it just to make some quick money.
- Know what you can and cannot do - and outsource the tasks and processes that will only distract you from the main part of the business
Himmat is a fascinating person, with an incredible story to tell about his company. You can clearly hear the love he has for Sentinel and how much it means to him, in our conversation
Himmat can be reached by going to www.sentinelsafety.co.uk
Scaling up your business isn't easy, and can be a little daunting. Let ScaleUp Radio make it a little easier for you. With guests who have been where you are now, and can offer their thoughts and advice on several aspects of business. ScaleUp Radio is the business podcast you've been waiting for.